Sunday, August 29, 2010

~Friends with Benefits~

It seems that throughout my whole entire life there have been people who have befriended me just to become...friends with benefits, if you will.  I'm not trying to brag when I say this, but I am a smart person with a really high I.Q.  This caused a lot of people to try to use my brains for their own purposes during my school career.  It got really annoying due to the fact that I was always asked to "help" people with tests, exams, quizzes, and homework.  I thought that after I left high school it would end.  Unfortunately, it is still happening to me.

So I'm pretty giving when it comes to basically...everything.  Back in January I got fired from my job at Wawa, but I went on unemployement and I had some, SOME, money during my times I was unemployed.  I hung out with friends quite often and one friend in particular, who will not be named (nor will anyone else),  would always charge me $20-$30 to hang.  *Insert name* claimed it was for gas money, but when your car gets over 20mpg and I only live maybe 60 miles away or so....um I should only pay $10 at most.  If you want to go hang out with someone and take me with you, don't want to have to pay for that gas.  It seriously seemed that *insert name* just hung out with me to get "gas money", *insert gender pronoun* and I are still friends though...to a degree, but that's not related to the money thing.

Now, and for a while, I've had friends who've used me because I always get the latest music.  I love getting cds and singles from bands that I truly love.  Back in high school, I spent tons of money on a friend who'd want entire discographies by musicians and bands, not that I minded because we listened to a lot of the same music.  It was just kind of annoying at times.  

Now one person who I thought was a really good friend, seems to only want to get music out of me.  I mean we talk about other things like cosplay, video games and other stuff....but it seems like lately *insert name*'s just talking to me about the music.  And a while ago *insert gender pronoun* blew up and the message I got was:  It's okay if you give me music, but I can't let anyone know YOU're the one sharing with me.  *Insert name* said that they would probably get in trouble, or like shunned, if anyone found out, and that it would affect *insert gender pronoun* career.  :(  I know to this person it probably doesn't seem this way, but to me it just feels as though I'm just...a friend with benefits.  

No comments: